Date: 5th July, 2018
We’re looking for a part-time Content Marketing Manager to join the team!
SORRY, APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED
The right person for this position will have:
- A STRONG interest in health and nutrition. This is fundamental of course!
- Proven experience undertaking project-based work, delivering on time and producing quality results. Autonomy comes naturally to you, and you have no qualms managing small teams – you will be accountable for their results as well as your own.
- Experience creating online content, whether it be articles, social media content, email newsletters or something similar.
- A genuine interest in marketing and selling. You are always on the lookout for new opportunities to promote and drive business, whether that be inside or outside of the box.
- Experience using Trello, Slack or similar.
- No problem working in a fully-distributed (remote), highly self-directed environment.
- Strong empathy, communication and teamwork skills.
The right person for this position will be:
- A Freelancer: You are in your happy-zone working from home, whilst commuting, whilst exploring the seven seas…wherever! It doesn’t matter where you are, because you are results-driven; at the end of the day, you produce high quality results, on time.
- A Social Media Butterfly: You know your Facebook and Insta, and maybe even Pinterest and LinkedIn, from a commercial perspective – what works, what doesn’t, maybe even what’s next.
Location & Hours
- Part-time contract work of a minimum of 16 hours per week with desire to increase.
- Work from anywhere you have reliable internet…Whether at home or abroad!
- Rate to be negotiated based on your experience and of course, commercial results.
- Work from wherever you want! Perfect for new mums, stay-at-home mums or dads, or anyone who wants to travel the world while still saving dollars instead of spending it all.
- Work whatever days you want as long as you get the job done. I believe in working to a flexible schedule that suits your lifestyle. How it should be!
- You will be part of a growing nutrition startup – join us on a critical part of our startup journey, and help influence the direction of Diet vs Disease.
- You can create your title (though personally, I think ‘content marketing manager’ or ‘digital project manager’ is quite compelling).
A BIT ABOUT US
Diet vs Disease (www.dietvsdisease.org) is a nutrition website run by myself, Joe Leech.
I’ve hustled for the last few years to get my business to a point of strong growth, and we now receive over 1.2 million views per month and have a suite of successful digital information products.
Now I’m inviting other budding/experienced freelancers to jump onboard and help continue this progression.
We are a virtual team, meaning we work together from different corners of the globe!
My overall mission with Diet vs Disease is threefold:
- Be the #1 online resource for science-based information, programs and digital products to treat diet-related conditions and disease.
- Expand existing content and services to encompass multiple information channels, including video, written and interactive content.
- Continue contributing to and grow the portion of profit towards helping people suffering from malnutrition in third-world countries.
Separate to my primary business, I’m also about to launch a brand new nutrition company which sells physical products.
The successful Content Marketing Manager will contribute to both of these businesses – therefore strong prioritisation, productivity and time management is a must. Attention to detail is also critical – and for this reason I ask that you please denote ‘CMM’ at the very top of your cover letter to be considered.
To apply for this position please submit the following to me at hello AT dietvsdisease.org:
- Your CV or LinkedIn URL
- A cover letter that includes answers to the following questions:
- How many hours per week can you dedicate to this role?
- What are your personal experiences and results with project management or managing small teams?
- What are your personal experiences and results with online marketing (if any)? For example writing a blog, running a business instagram account, created a product, etc.
- Do you have experience working remotely? If yes, please describe.
- What is your current employment situation?
- What are your career goals?
- Take this short quiz: http://synergistquiz.com/ and paste a screenshot of your results in your cover letter or just in the email.
Thanks and look forward to hearing from you!